Jared is a Business Daily Top-40-Top recognised commercial aware lawyer with a core practice in banking and insurance. Committed to operating logically and effectively to develop ideas best suited to the client in often delicate situations.
Through independent practice and past experience at a top tier firm in Kenya and other well-respected firms in Kenya, Jared has gained experience and versatility to deal with clients of varying requirements. Be it advising on oil exploration in South Sudan, to advisory work in the Kenyan banking sector or cross jurisdictional acquisitions involving 6 entities in 5 different jurisdictions.
Most recently Jared has focused his practice area on foreign start-ups in various sectors wishing to establish themselves in Kenya and the wider East African region. This work spans from matters of corporate structuring, immigration, employment, fund raising.
Jared’s recent experience includes:
- $2Ml. debt investment into a Kenyan based micro-lender by Ceniarth;
- Debt investment into Odyssey Capital Limited (t/a Lipa Later) by Lateral Investment Capital Partners LLC;
- Advised on a convertible debt instrument of $5Mln into a Kenyan based logistics provider;
- Advised on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a Kenyan based company in the FMCG sector;
- Advised on an investment by Stiching DOB Equity into Moringa School;
- Advised on a syndicated investment into Lynk;
- Provided investor side advice on a convertible loan agreement into Sendy; and
- Advised on an equity investment into Mawingu Networks Limited.